Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Fighting the Good Fight

This year was meant to be hard. I was facing a slew of problems that had been swept to the side accumulating in towers that perforated my personality. It was tough. Several times I wanted to give up – it’s so much easier that way. But I kept going thinking I was finally on the right track – I was fighting the good fight.

About a week ago, I found out just how fragile life can be. I spend what feels like the majority of my time fighting, battling, losing, but sometimes winning and getting stronger. I never realised how easily that can all be taken away by a mere whim. It was by far the most frightening moment of my life and I probably never will fully recover.

Right now, it’s hard to want anything more than to just be alive, but maybe that’s exactly what I’ve been fighting for all along.

No comments: