Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Shoulder Hell

Yet again, I’ve been occupied with work and had hardly any time for climbing. I was however managing to squeeze in the odd session at the wall here and there... until last week. Ugh, I’m back in shoulder hell. My old injury, whatever it was, is acting up again, only this time it’s much, much worse. I can hardly lift my arm above perpendicular without wincing in pain and I haven’t had a proper night’s sleep in weeks. I wake up in pain all of the time.

I guess it’s not surprising since I stopped doing my exercises and I never really knew what was wrong in the first place. Well, this time it’s for real. I’m meeting a surgeon on Thursday *gulp*. First task is to get as proper a diagnosis as possible, which I’m guessing will involve an MRI.

I’m trying my best not to think the worst, but it’s difficult.

No comments: