Pages

Sunday 27 January 2008

5.2 Miles

Regent's Canal near Little VeniceAfter more than two months I finally put on my running shoes. It was a perfectly crisp winter’s day and I had no real excuses. I was amazed that I managed a 3 mile run around Regent’s Park and still felt up for the 2 mile run home along the canal. My pace was very slow however this included having to stop for multiple traffic lights and various pedestrian hazards. Also, my aim was not to improve speed, rather it was to attempt to recreate a longish day out in order to shock my system. I’m currently trying to focus on cardio a bit more while I sort out my dodgy shoulder. Let’s just hope I can keep it up.

As much as I say I hate it, I do get something out of running. Sometimes I find it to be almost meditative. Other times I find it to be very focussing – you can’t think about anything other than the pain.


I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it’s hard work and you just have to deal with it.

No comments: