Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Pieces of Reality


I’ve felt rather detached from my life at present.

I’ve been injured and underperforming for as long as I can remember.

This isn’t why I climb. I don’t find joy in climbing just for the sake of it. No, I never thought I had a shot at being the best in the world, I just wanted to see how far I could push it and I always clung to the belief that more was definitely possible. Misguided as it might have been, this one belief lead to a whole course of change and now I am left to pick up the pieces of reality.

Things are changing, hopefully for the best.

On a more positive note, I just got back from the Lakes where I spent a rather wet week. I didn’t accomplish anything, but I treated the whole trip as a reccie. It seems as though there is tons of tucked-away volcanic rock to explore and that really brings a smile to my face, if only it would stop raining long enough…

No comments: