Pages

Thursday 21 February 2008

Dealing with things that I don’t want to deal with

My shoulder injury has left a cavernous void in my life forcing me to deal with stuff that I don’t want to deal with – namely my career (or complete lack thereof).

It’s no coincidence that my climbing progressed when my career became basically non-existent. I saw climbing as a means of achieving something when it felt like all other avenues were shut off. It provided a potent distraction. Now, I’ve lost even that.

Everyone always asks, ‘so why aren’t you working’. I always struggle with that one because there is simply no polite, terse way of saying it. My life has been rather horrendous at points and my career has suffered as a result.

As long as I can remember, I have wanted to work in science. For various reasons, mostly to do to my nationality (grr…) I have not been able to continue my education. I have been out of the game for quite some time now, so I thought that the best way to get back in would be to do a short course. So that's just what I'm trying to do at the moment.

No comments: